Many people are looking for right partners in relationships, however, they are not right. If you want an angel, be an angel too, if you want the best from your mate, do your best as well. Your character, attitude, and actions can sink the relationship, it won’t be the fault of your partner. Don’t be the bad nut in the relationship.
- Stop nagging. Nagging is a killer of relationship. It takes away the beauty and the joy of your union, its stamp is constant fights.
- Don’t be selfish. Selfishness makes you always put your interests above your partner’s. This bad behavior undermines the relationship.
- Manage your anger. I was looking for anger statistics from The British Association of Anger Management. 2008 report shows that: “One in five of people (20%) say that they have ended a relationship or friendship with someone because of how they behaved when they were angry.” According to Dr. Melanie Greenberg, in her article at Psychology Today site titled: “The Top 4 Reasons Relationships Fail,” listed anger as one of the main reasons.
- Don’t cheat. I guess you know cheating, Andrea Srytash wrote: “Once upon a time, cheating was defined only as a physical affair in which two people engaged in sexual activities outside their primary relationship. Today there are various definitions of cheating, ranging from emotional to physical, and steps in between.” Now you know, cheating is not limited to physical involvement with another person.
- Be transparent. Suzie Johnson points out: “Just as there can be no trust without honesty, there's no real intimacy without transparency. And what is a loving relationship without intimacy or trust? “Sometimes people say I didn’t do anything wrong, they fail to recognize that it is wrong if you are not open, sowing the seeds of doubts each day. That creates tensions.
- Don’t be controlled by addiction. Substance abuse and addiction can damage social health. - By Danjuma Iliya.